So you’re thinking about buying a nice new HDSLR camera, you think to yourself yes, now is a good time to buy. Prices are steadily falling on the canon 550d, the Panasonic gh2 is due to be replaced soon (making it cheap) and there’s a whole host of ‘affordable’ HDSLR’s on the market – a long with tonnes of comparison videos and reviews. This article is here to pluck the very best from comparisons between the Nikon d800, the canon 5dmrkiii, the canon 550d and the Panasonic gh2.
But don’t rush! The cameras are still going to be on sale in two weeks I know you’re probably very eager to get out and shoot. Wait, make sure you weigh up you’re options…. find comparisons and weigh up the pros and cons for what YOU need the camera for. Ask your self……
- What’s my price for Body Only
- What lenses will I need without having to compromise sharpness (price)
- WHAT WILL I BE FILMING?? SHORT FILMS?? MUSIC VIDEOS??
- Do I really need low light performance (do I shot out doors or with lighting set ups?)
- Do I need to shoot in tight spaces? (fast wide lenses, full frame sensors)
- Is resolution more important to me than anything else? (green screening)
- Do I need on board audio recording?
After you have considered all these factors write down you’re own ideal features YOU need and read on……..(Write down next to the above questions which camera best suits that feature and at the end see which camera you have written down the most……buy that camera). Continue reading