So a friend of mine randomly messaged me last week saying you can go from Burnley (near where I live) to London for ‘like ten quid’, £10.50 to be precise. Not one to be boring all the time I jumped at the opportunity to go down on a nice little photography adventure. I love street photography and I knew my tiny Panasonic gh1 with the kit lens and a manual Nikon f.18 50mm prime would be perfect for being discrete and snapping up some un suspecting victims.
So anyway, we set of at about 5am and got in London (Pancras station) for 12:30, giving us around 9hours of lovely photography before we had to take the 6hour trip back again. Note, if you’re going to try this for yourself here are my top tips for what to bring:
- Loo roll (you just can’t rely on public toilets)
- Wet wipes (might get a bit sweaty)
- Deodorant, (don’t want to be stinking on the way home)
- Water (lots of small bottles so you can easily lose weight from your bag when their drunk).
- 3 print off’s of your tickets (all placed in separate places -bag, mates bag, wallet)
- Extra underpants and socks (socks are a must)
- bin line you’re bag for extra waterproofing
- Lots of batteries
- lots of memory
I will take this opportunity to thank my friend for opening my eyes to the fun of doing random things So here’s my work from the trip enjoy: